Registration for the Laugavegur Ultra Marathon 2024
- November 1st at 12:00 (GMT) - Registration opens for 2024 race
- November 8th at 00:00 (GMT) - Registration closes for 2024 race
- November 15th at 12:00 (GMT) - Announcement who got tickets for the 2024 race
- November 15th-22nd - refund will be paid to those who did not receive a ticket
- December 30th - Last day to receive 75% refund
- March 1st - Last day to receive 50% refund
- May 10th - Last day to receive a ticket if you are on the waitlist.
- May 12th - Last day to change estimated finishing time.
- July 13th - The Laugavegur Ultra takes place!
To be eligible to register for the Laugavegur Ultra marathon runners need to have 370 ITRA performance index. The runners with the highest ITRA performance index will get secured tickets for the race, evenly divided between all genders. Other runners will go in the lottery.
It´s important that all information about the ITRA scoring is clear and correct.
Payment of participation fee
Participation is paid for with a debet or credit card. Runners who are not assigned a registration on November 15th and go on a waiting list will be reimbursed on their card before November 24th.
*Reykjavik Sport Association takes a 12,750 ISK administration fee when processing the application of those who enter the race on November 15th, this is part of the registration fee. This part of the fee is non-refundable.
Processing of applications
After the application deadline, ÍBR employees review the ITRA runners' General performance index by running together the ITRA database and the Laugavegur race registration system to confirm that all runners have 370 ITRA performance Index or higher .
Make sure to check your ITRA profile on itra.run, as some runners have duplicate profiles. All those added to the waitlist will be allocated a random number by an ÍBR employee and a representative from the FRÍ long-distance running committee. The random numbers determine the order of the entries.
If the applicant does not intend to use the registration he has been allocated and paid for, they shall notify ÍBR by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. It is not possible to change the registration from one name to another, nor to transfer the registration to the next year.
- Before December 30th runners will be able to receive a 75% refund
- Before March 1st runners will be able to receive 50% refund
- There is no refund for delisting after March 1st
- No more runners will be getting seat from the waiting list after May 10th.
Charity registrations will be offered. Part of the participation fee goes to charity specified by the runner in the application. Charity registration will open on Friday December 1st at 12:00 (noon (GMT)). This is an automatic entry, but 370 ITRA performance index is still required.
The third division rule
If a runner has not been assigned a registration two years in a row, they will receive a secure registration for the third time they apply. This rule first takes effect for applications for the 2022 race and runners must apply annually.