Participants in the Laugavegur Ultra Marathon can register for a team competition (sveitakeppni). In each team, there should be four runners and their aggregate time will count in the competition. It is possible to register three kinds of teams, the first team of each type will get a prize:
- Female team - 4 female runners in a team
- Male team - 4 male runners in a team
- Mixed team - 2 female and 2 male runners in a team
Team registration can be done at your page on corsa.is/en and at the race packet pickup but then all participants have to sign a form. All team members have to confirm that they would like to be in the team before, 17:00 the day before the race.
Team competition rules
- Any participant can form a team.
- There are three types of teams: female teams, male teams, and mixed teams.
- Participants must first register for the race and pay the entry fee before they can register for the team competition.
- Team registration is free of charge.
- One member of each team should register his/hers team and is responsible for letting other members know about the registration.
- Registration is done at the packet pickup.
- Complaints regarding the team competition must be brought to the race staff no later than 30 minutes after the last runner finishes the race.