Registration for the Laugavegur Ultra Marathon 2024, that takes place on the 13th of July, opens at noon (12:00 GMT) on November 1st and is open for a week, the registration closes on November 8th at midnight.
* 12,750 ISK administration fee when your registration is processed in the race
The following is included in the entry fee
- Long sleeve shirt from 66°North. Further information here.
- Surveillance and security measures.
- Water and energy drinks at refreshment stations located in Hrafntinnusker, Alftavatn, Emstrur, and Ljosa.
- Toilet facilities at Hrauneyjar, Landmannalaugar, Hrafntinnusker, Alftavatn, Emstrur, and Husadalur in Thorsmork.
- Transport of luggage to Blafjallakvisl and to Husadalur in Thorsmork.
- Event medal, winner’s medal, age category winner’s medals, team winner’s medal.
- Showers (divided by gender) and shelter for changing at Husadalur in Thorsmork (please save the water so everyone can take a shower).
- Services of a doctor and nursing staff at Husadalur in Thorsmork as necessary.
- Timing and a bib number. For more information about the bib number press here.
- A bracelet that runners will be issued with and must wear in the competition to gain access to the facilities available.
- Transport back to Reykjavik for those unable to meet time limits.
Not included in the entry fee
Bus transport from and to Reykjavik, breakfast in Hrauneyjar and a warm meal at the finish line are not included in the entry fee. It will be possible to order this until July 1st on "My page" or until sold out. See further information about the race bus here and on the meals here.
When signing up for a race organized by the Reykjavik Sports Union, all participants must check a box to confirm their acceptance of the general terms and conditions of the race. Registration is not possible unless the box is checked. Click here to read the terms and conditions.
Signing up for the race
Registration is open from the 1st - the 8th of November, the race is on July 13th, 2024. More information here.
You won't have to sign into 'your page' when signing up for the race. A button will appear in a few places around the website and in the top right corner of the front page when registration opens.
The entry fee should be paid with VISA or MasterCard through the registration link here on the website.
Cancelling and Refund
You can get a part of your entry fee refunded if you contact us before the below-listed dates.
- Before December 30th - you get 75% refund
- Before March 1st - you get 50% refund
If you want to request a refund you will need to send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need your full name and address to confirm that you are not taking part. Those participants that cancel their registration will not be able to get the race package. We encourage everyone that decides later on not to take part to let us know.
The waiting list
The applications that do NOT get a ticket to the race automatically go on a waiting list and the random number that the application received at the beginning determines where the application lands on the waiting list. Thus, the application with the lowest random number ends up at the top of the waiting list. Runners are expected to be notified of the outcome of the application on Friday, November 15th, 2023. It will be possible to follow the waiting list on the website. Runners will not be admitted from the waiting list after May 1st.