Registration for the Laugavegur Ultra Marathon 2021 opens in January, in 2020 the race was fully booked within three hours.
The following is included in the entry fee
- Long sleeve shirt from 66°North. Further information here.
- Surveillance and security measures.
- Water and energy drinks at refreshment stations located in Hrafntinnusker, Alftavatn, Emstrur, and Ljosa.
- Toilet facilities at Hrauneyjar, Landmannalaugar, Hrafntinnusker, Alftavatn, Emstrur, and Husadalur in Thorsmork.
- Transport of luggage to Blafjallakvisl and to Husadalur in Thorsmork.
- Event medal, winner’s medal, age category winner’s medals, team winner’s medal.
- Showers (divided by gender) and shelter for changing at Husadalur in Thorsmork (please save the water so everyone can take a shower).
- Services of a doctor and nursing staff at Husadalur in Thorsmork as necessary.
- Timing and a bib number. For more information about the bib number press here.
- A bracelet that runners will be issued with and must wear in the competition to gain access to the facilities available.
- Transport back to Reykjavik for those unable to meet time limits.
Not included in the entry fee
A bus transport from and to Reykjavik, breakfast in Hrauneyjar and a warm meal at the finish line is not included in the entry fee. It will be possible to order this service on "Your Page" in June. See further information about the race bus here and on the meals here.
When signing up for a race organised by the Reykjavik Sports Union, all participants must check a box to confirm their acceptance of the general terms and conditions of the race. Registration is not possible unless the box is checked. Click here to read the terms and conditions.
Signing up for the race
You won't have to sign into 'your page' when signing up for the race. A button will appear in a few places around the website and in the top right corner of the front page when registration opens.
The entry fee should be paid with VISA, MasterCard or American Express credit cards through the registration link here at the website. Please contact [email protected] if you have any problem with the registration.
Runners should pay for race bus and food at the race packet pickup.
Cancelling and refund
You can get a part of your entry fee refunded if you contact us before the below-listed dates.
- Before May 1st - you get 75% refund
- Before July 1st - you get 50% refund
If you want to request a refund you will need to send us an e-mail to [email protected]. We will need your full name and address to confirm that you are not taking part.
Those participants that cancel their registration will not be able to get the race package. All requests that come on July 1st or later will not be taken into consideration.
We encourage everyone that decides later on not to take part to let us know.
If participants has to cancel their participation in the race, they can get a 50% refund of the participation fee before July 1st, 2021.